Monday, April 5, 2010

Painting along Route 66




Easter weekend beautiful and sunny brings all of us out. I wanted to paint! So Jon and I cruised back along Route 66. Camped out on the corner in front of Sam's Rock of Ages Hay Farm. Jon put good tunes on the car radio and helped me set up easel, chair, water, paper towels ...all the needed stuff. I hardly got started and the parade of visitors began. This was a first for Jon, he had not realized that we would become an attraction! I enjoy meeting people, having them peer over my shoulder to see what I am painting. Had people stop on the road and yell across, "What cha painting?" For me that is a big part of the painting. I like to paint something that people pass every day and don't realize that it is beautiful. Suddenly, because someone is painting it, they see the same scene as a work of art and beautiful. Look around you...is there something beautiful you are missing?