It seems like we cannot get out of Florida! omg!
We almost made it ...we started out late on November 1st...9:15 to be exact. Scott and Ashley were there to help me close another home one more time. Scott and I agreed that we are not ever going to do it again.
We had spent days, weeks, months getting to this moment. Finding our horizontal condo on wheels, a 1996 Fleetwood Storm, was the first major step that Jon (my menopausal male teckie love of my life) and my number 1 son Scott accomplished. Then days putting in my stuff. Going from 2000 square feet to 500 (if I am lucky!) was not an easy task.
The leaving was exciting..to be gone finally, heading towards Biloxi to visit Matt and Katie before he leaves for Korea. We slept in a rest stop in Florida late to catch some much needed sleep. Fell asleep with sounds of traffic but peace in our new home...animals, sleeping curled up in new found spaces they were claiming as theirs, and Jon and I nestled.
.
We awoke to the sounds of semis starting out. I had a feeling like all was right with the world...finally. And that this really could work! We walked the dogs and headed back out on I-10. As we were traveling through a work zone and I was thinking how great everything was...well you know what happens next...disaster of course.
Disaster in the form of orange barrels on my side, the passenger side, were flying every which way but we weren't hitting them! The arm of the awning had broke loose and was bouncing between the barrels and the side of the motorhome. We limped to the nearest RV repair place where they found time to remove the awning so we could make it to Biloxi somewhat on schedule.
We arrived in Biloxi traveling in rush hour traffic and fast arriving darkness. We met Matt and Katie for a late dinner. We were too late to check into the on base Fam Camp. We finally ended up at a Waffle House that had a truck parking area. Our stress level was high and all was no longer right with the world.
Not to say that the visit with the kids was not good and fun but there was a stress level maintained underlying everything and then Hurrican Ida. Yes we weathered it in the motorhome with the dogs and cats...for a rough 24 hours. Yes Jon and I were learning alot about each other and living in our small new home. We went our seperate ways after returning to Lake City.
The grand adventure was over before it began. I was devastated...I just didn't have anymore dreams in me. But all was not lost...We opened lines of communication first texting and then meeting for lunch and things progressed and we decided to try again. So we moved back in at Casey Jones RV Park in Lake City. And we are still here enjoying the Holidays with a purple Christmas Tree and dinners and parties with friends at the local Moose.
So things are better and I feel we are stronger for lessons learned and if the frigid cold nasty weather would leave we would be on the road...but we are still here in Lake City!