Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Babies, families, grandkids...goodstuff




We reached our immediate destination of Oklahoma City and we made it in time for the birth of Ayla Jane Veronica Jackson on March 3 at 12:37 pm. Healthy beautiful bright alert eyes and strong lungs crying out. Statistics are 6 pounds, 14 oz. and 19 inches. Can't believe she has been here for over a week.

There is nothing like a new baby! They put smiles on every ones face...just see the sappy smiles on our faces as we gaze at them...probably is a good thing they can't see clearly or all of us hovering over them would be scary. We hold them close these little bundles of joy, carefully passing them amongst family and friends. A joy to watch as a family unit expands and welcomes its newest member. We instinctively know that this is the future.

For grandparents it is a totally new experience...no other like it! After we all get through the thoughts of I can't possibly be old enough to be a grand ma, or grand pa, and we finally get to hold THE grand child the world as we know it shifts. It is not an age thing at all! it is a new perspective...it's futuristic...just try to look at the world through this new little ones eyes. Instead of being confined to the responsibilities of parenthood, we can just imagine and visualize what fun this is going to be. We can ponder what role we will play in their lives, what we want them to know. Wisdom? Perhaps it is when it starts...I'll keep you posted!
I myself have three of the best grandkids in the world! And lucky me I am having fun and, feeling wiser. With every laugh and smile they casually bestow on the world and me I feel happy and hopeful...GOOD STUFF!!!!!!